June 16, 2022 | 00:32:15 | E58
Special guest Leia Ursery joins Karl Frank, CFP, and Nathan Merrill and provides useful and informative insights into something most of us fear: probate.
If you have not had the opportunity to take an estate through probate, you likely dread the process like you might dread the Department of Motor Vehicles. But Leia Ursery will teach us that sometimes, it is just the best way to go!
- What is probate and how does it help our survivors?
- What do we need to know about common law marriage?
- The 7 year rule myth–the truth is you can be married very quickly!
- The 10 year rule truth–how a spouse’s interests in property “vests” over time.
- How can probate resolve disputes over common law marriage, disputes between children and other survivors, and more?
- How can we avoid probate? And when should we avoid it vs going through probate?
No such thing as a common law divorce! Learn the first three steps Leia recommends we take when we are the person in charge of a decedent’s estate. And learn about how to handle legally-controlled items like fire-arms, driving the decedent’s cars and what to do with drugs and substances (some of which may be illegal!).